Connect with us

News

Kaduna air crash caused by bad weather – DHQ

Published

on


The Defence Headquarters said on Friday the air crash that killed the Chief of Army Staff, Lt. Gen. Ibrahim Attahiru and 10 other military personnel in Kaduna State was caused by bad weather.

In a statement issued by the Acting Director of Defence Information, Brig. Gen. Onyema Nwachukwu, the DHQ said the sacrifices of the dead military officers would not be in vain.

The Nigerian Air Force Beachcraft 350 aircraft crashed near the Kaduna International Airport at about 6:00 p.m. on Friday.

The statement read: “It is with a heavy heart that the Armed Forces of Nigeria regrets to announce that this evening at about 1800 Hours, the Chief of Army Staff, Lt. Gen. Ibrahim Attahiru in the company of his entourage, who were on official trip from Abuja to Kaduna, were involved in an air mishap.

READ ALSO: Gen.Attahiru, others’ death regrettable – Northern govs

“The unfortunate incident occurred after the plane landed at the Kaduna International Airport due to inclement weather. The Chief of Defence Staff, Gen. Lucky Irabor, has therefore directed that an Accident Investigation Board be constituted to unravel the immediate and remote cause(s) of the unfortunate accident.

“As we pray for the repose of the souls of our gallant and committed Chief of Army Staff and other personnel on board with him, the Armed Forces of Nigeria solicits the support and understanding of all Nigerians in the face of this tragic incident. We wish to state that the Armed Forces of Nigeria remain resolute in combatting the security challenges bedeviling our nation. The sacrifices of our dearly departed heroes will not be in vain.

“Meanwhile, the CDS urges all military personnel and their families to take heart and be condoled on this tragic loss. The CDS also reassures all Nigerians of the commitment and loyalty of the Armed Forces of Nigeria to the Constitution and Government of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, as it continues to carry out its responsibilities.”

Join the conversation

Opinions





Source link

News

Thousands decry president, instability in Tunisia – The Maravi Post

Published

on

By


1 hour ago

Several thousand demonstrators gathered in central Tunis on Sunday to protest against President Kaïs Saied’s “exceptional measures”, which his critics have called a “coup”. Following nationwide anti-government protests, on July 25, Saied abruptly dismissed his Prime Minister, took on all executive powers and froze the parliament. On September 22, he reinforced these measures by giving himself the power to rule by decree and partially suspending the 2014 constitution. While Saied’s actions have proved widely popular, many are concerned his actions signal a return to the autocracy Tunisians rose up against in 2011, igniting what would be known as the Arab Spring. In recent weeks, thousands of Tunisians have staged tit-for-tat demonstrations each weekend: while many have expressed support for the President, who they see as a corruption fighter, taking on the country’s much-hated political elites; others have spoken of their fear that the country is sliding backwards. Police presence had been visibly bolstered for Sunday’s demonstration, with police donning riot gear and erecting barriers along the whole of Bourguiba avenue, the main thoroughfare where the protest took place. According to local reports, when police prevented some demonstrators from entering the premises, scuffles broke out when the latter tried to break down the metal barriers. Interior Ministry spokesman Khaled Lahyouni said the arrangements were aimed at “ensuring the safety of the demonstrators.” During Sunday’s demonstration, Aymen Haj Salem, a journalist with the state-run El Watania was injured after protesters targeted him with rocks and water bottles, chanting “media of shame” and accusing him of being pro-Saied. The journalist was transported by emergency services to hospital for treatment. Saied has justified his actions by saying he was forced to action to save the country from a deteriorating triple economic, political and heath crisis. On July 25 he invoked Article 80 of constitution which authorizes him to resort to any necessary measures in the event of “imminent danger” to the country. Two months on, Tunisia remains without a government. Saied appointed a head of government on September 29, Najla Bouden Romdhane, the first woman to hold such a position in the Arab world.

Source: Africanews

NBS Bank Your Caring Bank



Continue Reading

News

Malawian Prophet Bentry Canaan shamelessly demolishes newly wedded couple – The Maravi Post

Published

on

By


Wezzie and Martha during the wedding day

LILONGWE-(MaraviPost)-Malawian self-acclaimed Prophet Bentry Canaan of Revival Crusade is trending highly on social media for wrong reasons after caught destroying a newly wedded couple in the central district of Kasungu.

After a successful wedding of Wezzie Nyangu and Martha Pondani on October 2, 2021 the couple went for their honeymoon as per custom.

Hell broke loose in the first morning of their honeymoon when Nyangu found out that his wife, a gospel musician, is in a relationship with the prophet in question.

Screenshots of the conversation between the prophet and Martha which have gone viral on social media, show that the two are indeed romantically involved.

In one of the messages seen on WhatsApp conversation, the prophet told Martha that he wants her to be mother of her children.

Martha posing photo secretly with Prophet Canaan

The news has shocked some people considering the involved parties’ position. People believe it is not normal for the two gospel preachers to be indulging in such acts. 

“A prophet and a gospel musician, oh my God! This is not excusable at all. I feel for the Wezzie,” reads one of the comments

Canaan is on record to have once said that Malawi is not a God fearing nation but a donor fearing nation, sentiments which made him popular.

The man of God has not commented on matter.

NBS Bank Your Caring Bank

Continue Reading

News

Nigeria’s veteran actor Chinwetalu Agu released from Army detention (Video) – The Maravi Post

Published

on

By


LAGOS-(MaraviPost)-Nollywood veteran actor, Chinwetalu Agu was on Friday, October 8, 2021 been released a day after he was arrested by soldiers for wearing an outfit made from the Biafran flag.

The actor was arrested at Upper Iweka in Onitsha, Anambra state and later detained at the army divisional headquarters in Enugu.

Members of the Actors Guild of Nigeria were with him when he was released on Friday

After his release, Chiwetalu Agu called on Nigerian to continue to support Nollywood.

Watch the video of him after his release below:

Earlier, before his detention, Chiwetalu Agu who was protesting his arrest told the soldiers that he was only sharing bread to poor people when he was arrested.

He also explained that his outfit was simply a cloth that has a print of the arising sun on it, that it had nothing to do with Biafra, IPOB or ESN.

Watch video below:

.

Source: www.expressiveinfo.com

NBS Bank Your Caring Bank

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2020 PRUMETRICS