Connect with us

News

Air Force promises to make public report of military plane crash

Published

on

[ad_1]

The Nigeria Air Force has promised to ensure a thorough inquest into the recent ghastly military plane mishap which claimed the lives of the former Chief of Army Staff, Attahiru Ibrahim and ten other personnel.

This was contained in a statement issued on Saturday by the NAF Director of Public Relations and Information, Air Commodore, Edward Gabkwet.

According to Gabkwet, an investigation into the accident had commenced in collaboration with the Accident Investigation Bureau, and that information would be retrieved from the black box and control tower tapes.

He said, “The AIB said they had found the black box. But as for the time frame for the investigation, maybe I’ll find out and get back to you. Definitely, there will be a time frame. The bottom line is this: as soon as we are ready, we are going to have a joint press briefing and nothing will be hidden. Of course, you know why this latest crash is very important.

READ ALSO: ‘Military coup, secession will never do Nigeria any good,’ Ex-governors counsel separatists groups, others

“Air accidents and their investigations are essentially to find out what caused the accidents so as to take lessons to avert similar occurrences in the future. We don’t have to massage any ego at all. If you look at it from that angle, you will know that it is painstakingly and carefully done.

“Some Nigerians have been saying we didn’t come out with the reports on past accidents. But military investigations regarding plane crashes won’t necessarily let the public know what happened because the outcomes have implications on operations, the morale of the pilots, and so many other things.

“However, on the latest accident, we have assured the public that we will let them know the outcome of the investigation so we can all take lessons from there and prevent future crashes.”

By Mayowa Oladeji

Join the conversation

Opinions



[ad_2]

Source link

Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

Southern California parents die of covid-19, leaving behind five children — including a newborn

Published

on

By

[ad_1]

The Macias children, who are being cared for by Daniel’s parents, have not quite grasped what has happened to their mother and father, Serey said. After Daniel died on Sept. 9, a counselor explained to the two eldest children, 7 and 5, that both of their parents were gone, Serey said. While the oldest child — Daniel and Davy’s only son — understood the situation, his younger sister is “still looking for mommy,” Serey said. All of the children, Serey has heard from the grandparents, “spend a lot of time at night looking for mom and dad.”

[ad_2]

Source link

Continue Reading

News

Thomas Stemen sentenced to 10 years in prison for injecting stranger with semen

Published

on

By

[ad_1]

Last week, Stemen, 53, was sentenced in Anne Arundel County Circuit Court to 10 years in prison for the February 2020 assault at a grocery store in Churchton, Md. He was also convicted of second-degree assault for making contact with, but not hurting, a 17-year-old girl in the same supermarket, and sentenced to five years of probation for that.

[ad_2]

Source link

Continue Reading

News

Photographer Alejandro Prieto wins award for photo of roadrunner “blocked” by Trump’s border wall

Published

on

By

[ad_1]

Prieto, who has been documenting wildlife for more than 20 years, has been on a mission to show how plants and animals along the U.S.-Mexico border have responded to the barriers. A lot of attention was placed on how the wall would affect immigration and drug smuggling, he said, but he worried about the natural ecosystem.

[ad_2]

Source link

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2020 PRUMETRICS