Connect with us

News

Kaduna gov’t confirms attack on travelers on Abuja-Kaduna highway

Published

on

[ad_1]

The Government of Kaduna state has verified that travelers were attacked by bandits on Abuja-Kaduna highway on Friday May 28.

According to the state government, the number of people abducted in the attack after bandits blocked the highway at about 3:30 p.m,  is yet to be confirmed.

This was disclosed in a statement released by Samuel Aruwan, the Kaduna State Commissioner of Internal Security and Home Affairs.

Aruwan said “security agents responded swiftly to distress calls and checked their operation”.

He added that they will publicly disclose the number of people abducted as soon as security agencies revert. 

The statement read;

“At around 3:30 p.m., the Security Operations Room, a 24-hour hub, started receiving distress calls of a blockage around Kurmin Kare area of Kaduna-Abuja Road and immediately, contact was established with the Commanding Officer of Operation Thunder Strike (OPTS), a Defence Headquarters outfit, and Operation Puff Adder of the Nigeria Police for immediate counter action.

“The troops and the police operatives swiftly moved to the general area, saw motorists stranded on both lanes, and subsequently cleared the road.

‘”The personnel after clearing the accumulated traffic saw one Honda car with Reg. No. RBC 864BL recovered with broken rear windscreen and another vehicle found empty with some luggage. From preliminary findings, the occupant or occupants may have been unaccounted for.

“Furthermore, beside the Honda vehicle, the following five citizens hidden in the forest appeared with their driver who confirmed they were complete having escaped in the commotion:

RIFKATU YOHANNA
RUKAYYA UMAR
HAUWA JIBRIN
JULIANA JOHN
YAHAYA ALIYU
BABANGIDA LAWAN ‘M’ (DRIVER)

“As of this moment (9:40pm), the status of the occupant(s) of the Honda cannot be substantiated, and the veracity of the report that scores were kidnapped cannot be confirmed. The public will be briefed as soon as Government of Kaduna State receives operational feedback.”



[ad_2]

Source link

Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

Southern California parents die of covid-19, leaving behind five children — including a newborn

Published

on

By

[ad_1]

The Macias children, who are being cared for by Daniel’s parents, have not quite grasped what has happened to their mother and father, Serey said. After Daniel died on Sept. 9, a counselor explained to the two eldest children, 7 and 5, that both of their parents were gone, Serey said. While the oldest child — Daniel and Davy’s only son — understood the situation, his younger sister is “still looking for mommy,” Serey said. All of the children, Serey has heard from the grandparents, “spend a lot of time at night looking for mom and dad.”

[ad_2]

Source link

Continue Reading

News

Thomas Stemen sentenced to 10 years in prison for injecting stranger with semen

Published

on

By

[ad_1]

Last week, Stemen, 53, was sentenced in Anne Arundel County Circuit Court to 10 years in prison for the February 2020 assault at a grocery store in Churchton, Md. He was also convicted of second-degree assault for making contact with, but not hurting, a 17-year-old girl in the same supermarket, and sentenced to five years of probation for that.

[ad_2]

Source link

Continue Reading

News

Photographer Alejandro Prieto wins award for photo of roadrunner “blocked” by Trump’s border wall

Published

on

By

[ad_1]

Prieto, who has been documenting wildlife for more than 20 years, has been on a mission to show how plants and animals along the U.S.-Mexico border have responded to the barriers. A lot of attention was placed on how the wall would affect immigration and drug smuggling, he said, but he worried about the natural ecosystem.

[ad_2]

Source link

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2020 PRUMETRICS