Connect with us

News

FG opens bid for concession of 12 roads

Published

on

[ad_1]

The Federal Ministry of Works and Housing will officially open the bid for Value Added Concession for federal roads under the Highway Development and Management Initiative on Tuesday, June 1, 2021.

It said on Sunday that the bid would be witnessed by the Infrastructure Concession Regulatory Commission and other interested partners and stakeholders.

The 12 roads that are up for concession under the first phase of the HDMI include Benin-Asaba, Abuja-Lokoja, Kaduna-Kano, Onitsha-Owerri-Aba, Shagamu-Benin, and Abuja-Keffi-Akwanga federal highways.

Others include Lokoja-Benin, Enugu-Port Harcourt, Ilorin-Jebba, Lagos-Ota-Abeokuta, Lagos-Badagry, and Kano-Shuari-PortisKum-Damaturu roads.

Recall that Minister of Works and Housing, Babatunde Fashola, received the Certificate of Compliance for the Outline Business Case for the HDMI in December 2020, followed by the official inauguration of the e-portal by the minister on March 29, 2021.

Spokesperson for the works ministry, Boade Akinola, said in a statement issued in Abuja that applications were received from interested prospective concessionaires in response to the request for qualification and the bid would be opened on June 1, 2021.

The Highway Development and Management Initiative was created by the Federal Ministry of Works and Housing to develop and manage the federal road network through private sector investment, maximising the use of assets along the right of way.

The ministry said the initiative aimed at creating an alternative source of financing road development and management across the country while unlocking the massive economic potential of the project routes with attendant job creation.



[ad_2]

Source link

Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

Southern California parents die of covid-19, leaving behind five children — including a newborn

Published

on

By

[ad_1]

The Macias children, who are being cared for by Daniel’s parents, have not quite grasped what has happened to their mother and father, Serey said. After Daniel died on Sept. 9, a counselor explained to the two eldest children, 7 and 5, that both of their parents were gone, Serey said. While the oldest child — Daniel and Davy’s only son — understood the situation, his younger sister is “still looking for mommy,” Serey said. All of the children, Serey has heard from the grandparents, “spend a lot of time at night looking for mom and dad.”

[ad_2]

Source link

Continue Reading

News

Thomas Stemen sentenced to 10 years in prison for injecting stranger with semen

Published

on

By

[ad_1]

Last week, Stemen, 53, was sentenced in Anne Arundel County Circuit Court to 10 years in prison for the February 2020 assault at a grocery store in Churchton, Md. He was also convicted of second-degree assault for making contact with, but not hurting, a 17-year-old girl in the same supermarket, and sentenced to five years of probation for that.

[ad_2]

Source link

Continue Reading

News

Photographer Alejandro Prieto wins award for photo of roadrunner “blocked” by Trump’s border wall

Published

on

By

[ad_1]

Prieto, who has been documenting wildlife for more than 20 years, has been on a mission to show how plants and animals along the U.S.-Mexico border have responded to the barriers. A lot of attention was placed on how the wall would affect immigration and drug smuggling, he said, but he worried about the natural ecosystem.

[ad_2]

Source link

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2020 PRUMETRICS